Immigration Lawyer Divorce Attorney Accident Law Firm
Immigration Attorney | Abogado de Inmigracion | L1 Visas
200 South Biscayne Blvd.
Suite 3150
Miami, Florida 33131
L-1 Visa Petition  for Multinational Managers and Executives


The following is a brief overview of the L-1 visa:

L-1 visa was established to allow executives, managers and employees with specialized knowledge of foreign corporations to work for US subsidiaries and affiliates for up to seven (7) years.  During the time the executive is in L-1 status, he/she is allowed to travel in and out of the country without limitation.

In case involving new offices in the US, a special one-year initial period of stay applies.   At the end of the 1 year period, the company must establish that it continues to do business in the U.S. and abroad, in order to request an extension of stay for the executive.

L-1 visas often pave the way for foreigners to seek permanent residency.


L-1 petitions are filed by the U.S. corporation (“the petitioner”) on behalf of the individual seeking the visa.  The petitioner must prove that a qualifying relationship exists with the foreign company and that the individual they wish to have transferred has been working for the foreign corporation for at least 1 of the last 3 years.  The petition is filed with the USCIS serving the companies place of business.  Once the USCIS approves the petition, either we notify the U.S. consulate where the alien lives, so he/she may obtain an L-1 visa to enter the United States.  (If the individual was already in the US, the Petitioner would have sought a change of status and the individual would not need to leave the country).


Following is a list of documents generally required to meet the requirements of the L-1A classification.

A.With respect to Foreign Corporation

1.Articles of Incorporation

2.Business Registration Certificate

3.Certificate of Good Standing from the Chamber of Commerce

4.Latest Balance Sheet

5.Letter from the Bank showing when relationship began and whether the company         is in good standing.

6.Latest Bank Statement showing deposits and withdrawals.

7.Letter from the Accountant verifying the officers and directors of the Company - notarized.

8.Brochures, ads in local magazine or periodicals.

9.Copy of the lease if any or if the company owns the premises where the head office/factory is located the copy of deed.

10.Salary verification of the Beneficiary (i.e. the person to be petitioned for) proving proof of employment by affiliate for at least 12 months.  This must be by way of cancelled pay-roll checks or income tax records.

11.Proof of payment of any taxes to the Government such as payroll taxes

12.Current - invoices

13.Employ List - notarized

B.With respect to U.S. Branch of Foreign Corporation

1.Articles of Incorporation

2.        Professional Business Plan

3.Occupational License

4.Lease of premises

5.Share Certificate showing ownership in/by Foreign Corporation

6.Proof of phone listing

7.Bank Account

8.Company letterhead

9.Tax ID number of US corporation

10.Current number of employees at US company

11.Gross annual income

12.Net annual income


1.             Job title of transferee

2.Detailed Description of duties performed abroad and the duties to be performed in the U.S.. Description should discuss how the duties will be performed, when and where such duties will be performed and with whom will duties be performed. Discuss specific prospects.

3.Wages to be earned

4.Copy of I-94 card if transferee is in US

5.Copy of passport

6.Letter from overseas employer confirming that alien employed with company abroad for a continuous period of at least once year within the last three years.

Premier Family Attorney
*The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client.

Immigration Law Services:

Same Sex Marriage
Family Based Residency
Immediate Relative Petitions
• Marriage Cases
• Nonimmigrant Visas
H-1B Visas
L-1A  Visas
TN Work Visa
• Appeals
Deportation Defense
• K-3 Marriage Visas

Family Law Services:

• Divorce
• Paternity Actions
• Child Support
• Child Custody/Visitation
• Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders
• Modification of Child Support
• Alimony
• Child Custody/Visitation
• Annulment
• Equal Distribution of Marital Assets and       


• Car Accidents
• Pedestrian Accidents
• Motorcycle Accidents
• Boat Accidents
• Wrongful Death
• Product Liability
• Slip and Falls
• Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
• Trucking Accidents
• Inadequate Security
• Insurance Bad Faith
• Airplane Accidents
• Medical Malpractice
• Insurance Claims




Click for a contact form
The Law Firm of Casais & Prias
Immigration and Family Law Office

200 S. Biscayne Blvd.
Suite 3150
Miami, Fl. 33131
Phone: +1 (305) 722-8015
Fax   : +1 (305) 722-8016
[Home][Immigration][Family][Accidents][Contact Us][About Us][USCIS]
Copyright © 1999-2015
Casais & Prias Law Office
Designed and implemented by
Robert "Bobby" Rugilo